- 2 pork tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite The Native Guy honey (we recommend Saw Palmetto)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled fresh
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 toasted star anise
- vegetable oil for searing
For the sauce:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium)
- ½ Granny Smith apple, shaved thin
Make a marinade by combining everything except for the vegetable oil. Marinate the tenderloins overnight. Remove from the marinade, discarding any peppercorns that stick to the meat. Sear the pork either in a sauté pan or a grill pan with a little oil until brown on all sides. Place in a 375˚F oven for about 8 minutes for a nice medium temperature.
Brown the butter in a small saucepan, over medium heat shaking the pan constantly. Remove from the heat and carefully add the honey and soy sauce, whisk together to combine. Pour the sauce over the roasted pork tenderloin and top with fresh shaved apples.
Recipe from our appearance on So Flo Taste